Friday, October 10, 2014

Hooded Baby Blanket

One of my daughter's friends from Cosmetology school is having a baby in December.  She found a hooded baby blanket on Etsy and she showed it to Ariana.  She was lamenting over the price (nearly $100) when Ariana told her that I crocheted and I might be able to make her something similar for less.

The girls sent me the picture.  It was obviously made with scrap yarn and seemed a simple pattern. So, I set to work looking for a pattern.  I finally found one on Lion Brand's website (here) that I liked and looked relatively easy.  The next step was finding the perfect yarn, especially since my daughter's friend didn't know the sex of the baby.  We ended up with this:


It is Hobby Lobby's Crafter's Secret Ombre in Honey Rider.  I am in love with this yarn!

I started this project back in July, but it was literally my procrastinating that caused it to take until October to finish it.  It is a very easy pattern to work (just single and double crochets).  Here's a few 'work in progress' pictures:  

 

But it's finally finished!  Please excuse my use of a stuffed pig as a baby.  My daughter's are all grown-up and they don't have any baby dolls.

 

So, there it is, all finished!  Needless to say, I am not charging $100.  I am asking $35, which covers my materials and time.  I don't want to price my creations above and beyond what someone like myself can afford.

You can also look at this on my Ravelry page.



No comments:

Post a Comment